by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
8 cloves fresh garlic
4C black eyed peas, cooked and drained
1/2C tahini (ground sesame seed paste)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2T ground cumin
3T dried chives
1/2C lemon juice
1/2C olive oil (more oil is optional)
Water (optional, as necessary)
- In the food processor, process the garlic cloves until finely minced.
- To the processor bowl, add the black eyed peas, processing until crumbly, yet smooth.
- Add the tahini, salt, and cumin. Continue processing until all ingredients are combined. The mixture should now begin to smooth out with little evidence of whole beans remaining.
- Add the lemon juice and chives to the processor and continue to blend until combined. By now, the mixture should be smooth and taking on the color of the hummus.
- Finally, drizzle in the olive oil with the processor running until all ingredients are smooth and blended. If you prefer a thinner result, you may add more oil or water, suggested at one tablespoon at a time.