This recipe is for use in an Air Fryer, but can be prepared and roasted in a conventional oven or grilled, also. Barbara Jean bought an Air Fryer for us last Christmas, knowing that I thought they were unnecessary. I opened the box in March and skeptically used it at home now, like many other people, I am using it constantly and finding new things to cook in it.
So, this recipe is especially for Air Fryer Fanatics, just like me!
- 4- 4oz. tilapia filets
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Lime juice
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 6 Taco shells (standable works best)
- Non-stick spray
- 1C tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 C baby spinach leaves, julienne
- Hot sauce or salsa (optional)
- Bake the taco shells for four minutes, loosely separated, in the air fryer @ 370. Set aside.
- In one mixing bowl, lightly toss the tomatoes, cheese and spinach together until combined. Set aside.
- On the greased air fryer pans, sprinkle each of the tilapia filets with lime juice, then lightly season with the lemon pepper. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to rest for two minutes after.
- Coarsely chop the tilapia and place in the second mixing bowl, carefully adding the sour cream and folding into a loose salad/stuffing.
- Fill each tortilla shell with ?C of the tilapia filling, making a long row. Top the filling with 1/4C of the vegetable mix, garnish with a shake of hot sauce, if you prefer.