by Dogwood Crafters, Chef Brenda Anders
- 6 sliced of bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large bell pepper – chopped
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 can butter beans,
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can red Kidney beans,
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1.4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow or spicy mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Cooked the bacon until crisp, crumble and set aside.
- In bacon drippings cook onion, bell pepper and minced garlic until tender.
- Mix crumbled bacon in and add butter beans, lima beans, red kidney beans and chickpeas
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and black pepper
- Add to bean mixture.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2-1.2 quart bean pot or baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Could be cooked in a crockpot for 2 hours on low.