by Foohills Wellness Center, Chef Melissa LeRoy, Dr. Joseph Picone
- 1 large acorn squash
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 8 slices uncured turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sriracha or hot sauce, to taste, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Chop the tip and tail off and slice remaining squash into four 1/23/4-inch thick rounds.
- Scoop the seeds and innards out of each round and discard.
- Lightly coat both sides of each round with olive oil and place on a lightly oiled (or sprayed) baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove squash from oven and lower temperature to 350°F.
- Crack one egg into a measuring cup with a lip. Pour the egg into one of the squash rounds.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs (Note: If you think you can carefully crack the eggs into the acorn squash, skip the measuring cup.)
- Place in the oven and bake for 1215 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.