By Green Opportunities Chef Amber Whitt
- All-purpose flour: two and 1/4 cups
- Baking powder: 1 1/2 T
- Salt: half a teaspoont
- Butter: 4 oz. softened
- Sugar" 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- Buttermilk: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 2 T
- Baking soda: 1 tsp.
- White vinegar: 1 tsp.
- Almond extract: 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In kitchen aid mixer using paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and buttermilk and beat until combined. The batter will look curdled but this is normal.
- Combine milk, baking soda, and vinegar. Add milk mixture and flour mixture to mixer. Add almond extract. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool.