by Calypso, Chef Nigel Lawrence
- 1-2 lb oxtail
- 1 large onion dice
- 1 stick celery dice
- 1\2 lb carrots
- 1 lb Iris potatoes
- 2 bay leaf
- 5 garlic heads
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring thyme
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper chopped
- 5 all spice seed
- 1 qt beef stock/water
- Season the oxtails with salt and pepper browning until well covered. Heat the oil over medium heat in a stock pot. Brown the oxtails and set aside.
- In the pot, add the beef stock, garlic cloves, bay leaves,thyme scotch bonnet and diced tomatoes with their juice. Return the oxtails along with any accumulated juices to the pan. Bring to a boil, then
- Reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer. Cover and cook for 2 hours check if needed more water or stock and resumed cook for a next 2 hours.
- Add the onion celery , potatoes, and carrots to the pan and continue cooking for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are cook.
- Reduce the sauce that is forming in your pot slowly to avoid burning stop cooking when you like the consistence of your sauce.