By Foothills Wellness Center, Dr. Joseph Picone and Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 6 chicken sausage links, cooked and chopped (I used Apple Gate Farms)
- 1/2 cup wilted spinach, squeeze of excess moisture
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 sprouted tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 TBPS unsalted butter
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt half of the butter. Season diced butternut squash with salt and pepper. When butter is simmering, add in half of the squash, and cook until brown. Toss in pan and continue to cook until all sides are golden brown and the squash is soft. Set aside on a plate, and add in remaining squash, cooking through.
- Next, cook turkey sausages until they are cooked through. Set aside on plate and cut into small cubes.
- In skillet, wilt spinach until wilted. Shred cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and season with salt and pepper. Melt remaining butter into the skillet, and allow to come to a simmer. Add in eggs, and cook through scrambled.
- To assemble, top each tortilla wrap with eggs, cheddar cheese, spinach, squash and sausage. Wrap up.