By Betsy's Best Chef Betsy Opyt, a recipe for homemade vegetarian "carrot dogs."
- 1 T Betsy’s Best Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- 4 carrots
- 4 T vegetable stock
- 3 T tamari or soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/2 in piece ginger, sliced
- 2 T red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Simmer 4 carrots in boiling water for 8-10 min, then shock them in ice water.
- While they are simmering combine the marinade ingredients.
- Remove carrots from ice bath and place in a plastic bag and pour marinade over carrots and let sit overnight.
- When ready to cook put 1 tsp oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and sauce for 10 min, drizzling with marinade every few minutes and turning regularly until cooked through.
- Enjoy your homemade carrot hot dogs!