by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
1 LB boneless chicken breasts, large dice
3 TBS all-purpose flour
1 tsp each: black pepper, salt, garlic powder
4 TBS butter, divided
1 Cup onion, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
1/2 Cup fresh spinach leaves, julienne
2 Cups chicken stock
2 Cups cream sauce (4T butter w/1T A.P flour, 1 tsp salt, 2C milk/heavy cream)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2T butter.
- Stir together the flour with the black pepper, salt and garlic powder, coating the chicken with the mixture.
- Brown the chicken in the melted butter for three minutes.
- Remove to a bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2T butter to the skillet with the onion, sautéing until starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are lightly cooked.
- Reduce the heat to Medium-low.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet with the chicken stock, simmering for five minutes, covered.
- Remove lid and stir in the 2C cream sauce, simmering until warm, but NOT boiling.
- Ladle over a bed of lightly seasoned rice and serve.