By Old Rock Cafe Chef Randall Spencer
- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- 1 ea. egg, large, beaten
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- TT Kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Gently mix beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties.
- Heat tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add tablespoon butter to skillet and cook mushrooms until slightly browned, 2 minutes.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper to taste, scraping up browned bits.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir, then stir in 2.5 cups hot water and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, 2 minutes. Add remaining butter and combine.
- Return the patties and any juices from plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with buttered egg noodles.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4