by Corner Kitchen, Executive Chef Josh Chapman
- 1 Cup Brunoises Shallots
- 1.5 Cup Brunoises Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Garlic Minced
- 3 Limes Zest and Juice
- 3 oranges zest and Juice
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Mirin
- 1 cup Tamari
- 1/2 pound Brown Sugar
- S&P Mix TT
- 4 Large Scallops
- 1 T Non Gmo Canola Oil
- 2 T White & Black Sesame Seeds
- In a medium Size pot place your Oil, Shallots, Ginger, Garlic, and Zest of the fruits in a pot and cook down for 10 minutes or so don't burn but concentrate the flavor.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.
- Place in a blender and purée until Smooth
- For the Scallops in a large Sauté pan heat until it starts to smoke add your oil and turn the heat down medium high.
- Dip the Scallops in the Sesame Mix and place in the pan cooking until a crust is formed then Flip them over and turn off the heat let them sit for about five minutes and serve on a plate with a drizzle of the Citrus Soy Glaze.