By Chef Emily B. Abernathy of Chupacabra Latin Cafe
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken (Emily uses marinated and grilled boneless thighs, finished in the oven and tossed in smoky ancho sauce -- a good home substitute would be BBQ rotisserie chicken)
- Layer rice, beans, chicken and cheese in a bowl.
- On the side, layer lettuce and pico de gallo.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, Squeeze a lime wedge over all ingredients, and serve with chips and salsa.