BY: IFB Solutions recipes with Chef Diana Baker, IFB Solutions employee, and Nicole Ducouer, Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Programs, IFB Solutions
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 Tbs. 2% milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix, and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Mix well.
- 2-Pour half the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the remaining batter. Cut through the batter to swirl the cream cheese.
- 3-Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.