by Givens Estates, Chef Martha Vining
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat cream to just boiling point.
- Remove from heat, put chopped chocolate in hot cream and allow to melt.
- Stir to blend into smooth sauce.
Mixed Berry and Red Wine Sauce
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Place red wine in stainless steel saucepan and reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add berries, sugar and salt.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and berries are soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree berry mixture.
- Use sauce to drizzle over pound cake, ice cream or cheese cake.
- Can be kept refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for several months.