By Bruce's Fabulous Foods Chef Bruce Brown
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 5 Cups white beans, cooked
- 2 Cups yellow onion, diced
- 2 Cups fresh turnip, julienne
- 2 Cups carrots, julienne
- 3 Cups cabbage, diced
- 12 Cups chicken stock or broth
- 1TBS ea. dried oregano and parsley
- 1 tsp. ea. salt and ground white pepper
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the stock pot and sauté the onions, turnips, and carrots for two minutes, stirring to combine. Add the cabbage and stir, covering to steam and cook for another three minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add the beans, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, folding all ingredients together in stock pot.
- Carefully pour the chicken stock over the vegetables and stir, cooking the soup until it just begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add heavy cream, thickening the soup and allow to simmer for thirty minutes before serving. Serve with crusty bread on a cold winter day.