by Bruce's Fabulous Foods; Chef Bruce Brown
- 1/4 C barbecue sauce
- 1/4 C raspberry preserves, seedless (if possible)
- 1 1/2 T fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 24 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I prefer 31/40's)
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces each
- 24 pieces green onion, 1" long
- 12 pineapple chunks, drained
- 12 bamboo skewers, 6" long, soaked in water
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, preserves, ginger, vinegar and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- On the skewers, thread the pieces: shrimp, bacon, onion, pineapple, shrimp, bacon, onion.
- Over medium high heat, warm the grilling pan. Spray with non-stick spray and grill each skewer for three minutes per side and the shrimp have turned pink.
- Reserve half the sauce. Using the rest of the sauce, baste often on the grill.
- Once the skewers are done, use the reserved sauce for final basting.