by Corner Kitchen, Chef David van Tassel
- 2 each fresh peaches, quartered with pits removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning (can be purchased at ingles)
- 2 ounces toasted peanuts
- 4 ounces honey, local preferred
- 1 ounce Tabasco or to taste
- 2 tbsp whipped brie
- 1 tbsp basil chiffonade (very thin slices of basil leaves, for garnish)
- 1 pound brie cheese, small diced, rind on
- 2 each basil bunches, leaves chopped
- 1 cup half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place basil in a food processor, add brie 1/4 at a time, scraping between additions.
- Drizzle in half & half and blend until incorporated.
- Season to taste
- Prep and plating
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Toss peaches in a small bowl with olive oil and cajun seasoning.
- Place cut side down on grill to color ~ 1 minute.
- Flip peach to other cut side ~ 1 minute.
- Flip to skin side ~ 1 min. Spread whipped brie on plate.
- Arrange peaches to liking.
- Drizzle with tabasco honey.
- Scatter peanuts around and on peaches.
- Finish with basil chiffonade.