by Foothills Wellness Center, Dr Joseph Picone, Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets (or you can use Chicken)
- 4 Tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 handful basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 lemon slices
- In a medium-sized bowl combine butter, garlic, basil, juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon until combined.
- If grilling immediately! Pour half of the lemon-basil sauce over salmon fillets.
- Reserve the remaining sauce for later.
- Top each fillet with one lemon slice.
- If making ahead combine all ingredients into a ziploc bag to marinate overnight, then grill.
- When grilling you can either create an aluminum foil packet or grill directly.
- Close aluminum foil around salmon to make a packet.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes without undoing the foil packet.