Lemon Broccoli Salad
24 oz broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
¼ garlic powder
Juice of one lemon, or bottled lemon juice, about 1/4 cup
1. Steam broccoli for 5-8 minutes or until it's crisp but has lost the "raw" texture.
2. Chill until cold. A couple hours in the fridge should do it.
3. When broccoli is cold, toss with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Add lemon juice and toss again. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Roasted Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
1 lb strawberries, cut in half or quarter
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon powdered fennel seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
8-10 drops liquid stevia
2 lb greek yogurt
1. Place a kitchen towel on a colander and drop the yogurt in it. Tie the ends of kitchen towel tightly and extract the water. Let it rest on the colander and keep a heavy jar or bowl on top of the tied kitchen towel. It will help straining all the water. Allow it to set in the refrigerator overnight.
2. In a baking pan, add strawberries, balsamic vinegar, powdered fennel seeds and salt. Let it bake at 350 for 40 minutes. You can also grill the strawberries in a foil packet. Allow it to cool completely and then blend it to a puree.
3. In a bowl, add strained yogurt and roasted strawberries puree along with stevia and whisk. If you want it sweeter, add more stevia.
4. At this stage, you can pour it in a container and let it rest in the refrigerator to set for few hours or churn it in your ice cream machine.
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely cracked black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs. beef or chicken, cubed
2 large zucchini or 2 large yellow squash
3 tricolored peppers
1 large red onion
1 pint cherry tomatoes
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground black pepper, and garlic. Mix well, and add your favorite meat. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.