by The Dining Diva, Chef Molly Fowler
- 1 15-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2CupsAll-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 TbspUnsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup uncooked regular rolled oats (not quick-cook or instant)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9 X 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper (or grease and flour).
- In a bowl, combine the condensed milk, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- The mixture should be crumbly. If not, refrigerate for about 15 minutes. Pat half of the crumb mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the milk mixture.
- Evenly distribute the remaining crumbs over the top gently pat down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into square to serve.