By Dogwood Crafters Chef Brenda Anders
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 unbeaten egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- unbaked pie shell
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoon cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Fold in 1 cup sour cream.
- Spoon into 9 inch baked pie shell.
- Chill at least 2 hours, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with finely chopped English walnuts.