by Dogwood Crafters, Chef Brenda Anders
- 2-1/2 cups original Bisquick mix
- 6 tab cold butter or margarine
- 1/4th cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-1/2 inch glass deep-dish pine plate with cooking spray.
- Place Bisquick mix in a medium bowl and cut in butter using a pastry blender or by pulling 2 table knives through the mixture in opposite directions until crumbly.
- Add boiling water and stir vigorously until a soft dough forms.
- Using your finders dipped in the Bisquick mix, press the dough on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate, forming an edge on the rim of the plate.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups diced has browns (thawed)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 3 medium green onions, sliced – 3 tab
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 slices crisply cooked crumbled bacon
- Sour cream – optional
- Additional sliced green onions on top – optional
- Sprinkle ham, potatoes, cheese and 3 tablespoons onions in the crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, half and half and pepper until blended.
- Pour over the ingredients in the crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with bacon, sour cream.