by Givens Estates, Chef Martha Vining
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup butter or margarine
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup walnuts, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 13"x9" baking pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and baking chocolate together in double boiler or microwave, set aside. Stir in sugar, mix well. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir batter until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate/sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and cut into squares.