by Old Rock Cafe, Chef Randall Spencer
- 1 ea. Bundle broccoli, trimmed into florets
- 1 ea. Half large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 lb. Penne pasta
- 2 c sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 c finely chopped chives
- 2 ea. Cloves garlic, peeled and grated`
- Tt hot sauce of your choice
- Tt freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5 c grated extra-sharp cheddar
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Salt the water, add broccoli and Cauliflower.
- Boil vegetables for 5-minutes, then remove from water.
- Add pasta to water And under-cook by about 2-minutes, drain.
- Combine sour cream in a large bowl along with the mustard, chives, garlic, hot sauce, and salt & pepper.
- Add the pasta, broccoli and cauliflower and 2/3 of cheese.
- Stir to combine, then transfer it to a casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Put casserole dish on baking sheet and bake it in the middle of a preheated 375 oven until deeply golden and bubbly, about 40-45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes | cook time: 1 hour | servings: 6