by Dogwood crafts, Chef Brenda Anders
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups colby jack – shredded
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tab butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1=1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook and drain pasta
- In large bowl, combine pasta, salt, cheese and sour cream.
- Melt butter in skillet and add onion and book for 6 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Transfer half of pasta mixture into a 9x13 baking dish; layer half of the ionions, then remaining pasta; pour the milk over all and top with remaining onion.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes.