By Old Rock Cafe Chef Randall Spencer
Prep time: 15 mins. Serves 6-8
- 8 lb.whole seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tspfresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 ea. red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Prepare one hour or less before your meal.
- Cut rind from watermelon, then chop fruit into 1-inch chunks. place chunks in colander to drain as you cut.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt & pepper.
- Place watermelon in large bowl, add onion. Pour dressing and chopped mint over and toss gently to coat. Pour the crumbled feta into bowl and stir gently. Top with balsamic reduction and serve.