By Bruce's Fabulous Foods Chef Bruce Brown
- 12 oz. pasta, cooked to directions
- 1/2C water (reserved pasta cooking water, if available)
- 1C heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2C bacon (about 4 slices), diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- Ground nutmeg, to taste (I use 1 tsp, freshly ground)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2C roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2C Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1C feta cheese, crumbled or shredded
- ?C parmesan cheese, grated
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry and stir the diced bacon over medium high heat until crispy.
- Add the garlic, roma tomatoes and olives, stirring to combine. Season with the nutmeg and pepper flakes, stirring again to coat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing to coat.
- Carefully pour in the cream mixture, followed by the reserved cooking water. Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer while stirring all ingredients together.
- Add the feta and parmesan cheeses, lightly tossing. Serve as a side dish promptly.