By Chef Randall Spencer, Old Rock Cafe
- 1 c olive oil
- 1/2 c Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 ea. chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
- 1 call-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Wisk 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup Dijon, wine, garlic, and sage in bowl. Pour into a heavy Ziploc bag. Add chicken, turning to coat all sides. Refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Whisk maple syrup with 4 tablespoons Dijon. Mix pecans, flour, salt & pepper on a plate. Remove chicken from marinade. Coat chicken on both sides with pecan mixture.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken. Cook until golden brown, 3 minutes per side. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 minutes. Transfer to plates, drizzle with maple-mustard sauce.