by Givens Estates, Chef Martha Vining
- 4 5-inch squares of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place puff pastry sheets on baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking
- With a shard knife, cut a slit from each corner of the puff pastry square to the center of the square, not quite to the center.
- Brush the top of dough with egg wash.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to make smooth paste.
- Place a spoonful of this cream cheese filling in the center of square and top with 1 tablespoon of berries.
- Bring one corner of each segment to the center of the fruit filling. Brush entire surface of puff with egg wash, sprinkle liberally with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.