by Chestnut, Chef Joe Scully
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- .5 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- .5 Tbsp Shallots (minced)
- 1 Each Serrano Pepper (sliced thinly)
- 3 Oz Benton's Bacon (diced & cooked)
- 4 Each Shrimp (peeled and Deveined)
- .5 Cup Shrimp Stock
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 Oz Cherry Tomatoes (cut in ½)
- 12 Each Spinach Leaves
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Make sure to have all your products prepped out and ready to go before you start cooking.
- Grab a decent size sauté pan (9') and bring to medium heat.
- Add Olive oil and then add garlic and shallots.
- Caramelize slightly, add serrano peppers and bacon.
- You want the bacon to that is cooked to render out a little more in the pan.
- At this point you will add the shrimp and get a hard sear on one side.
- Once you flip the shrimp over, deglaze with your shrimp stock and cook out completely.This will concentrate the flavor.
- Add your cream and cook until it starts to get thick.
- Add your tomatoes and spinach at the very end and make sure to season in small amounts throughout the cooking process.