Bruce's Fabulous Foods' Chef Bruce Brown
- 1T olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1C yellow onion, diced
- 1/2C green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano and ground cumin
- 1 lb. redskin potatoes, cubed
- 2C yellow corn
- 2C Great Northern or white beans
- 4C chicken stock or broth
- 1/2C cilantro, fresh minced
- 1C crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, add the oil to the stock pot and sauté the onions, peppers and garlic for three minutes, stirring to combine and the onions start to soften.
- Add the potatoes, cumin and oregano, stirring to combine, covering to cook for another five minutes.
- Add the corn, beans and chicken stock, combining all ingredients together in the stock pot. Reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add the fresh cilantro, shrimp and crushed tortilla chips to thicken, allow to continue simmering for another fifteen minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of fresh sour cream and sprinkle the top with more crushed tortilla chips. Serve with fresh baked cornbread for a hearty meal.