by Chestnut, Chef Brian Crow
- 1 Cup Stone Ground White Grits
- 3 Cups Water
- .5 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Optional Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Jalapenos (chopped)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add some salt and pepper beforehand.
- Slowly add 1 cup of grits while whisking to avoid sticking.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and season more if needed.
Note: Keep in mind grits come in different variations and be sure to check the back of the bag/box on cooking instructions.