By Bruce's Fabulous Foods and Chef Bruce Brown
- 1½# fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1½ - 2# fresh rhubarb, washed trimmed and roasted
- 1C orange juice
- 1C apple juice
- 1C sugar-free citrus soda
- 2T sugar
- 2C heavy cream
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- To roast the fresh rhubarb, clean and trim all rhubarb stalks. Place in a shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with the sugar. Roast for 25-30 minutes in a 350º oven, allowing to cool before processing.
- In food processor, blend the strawberries until smooth. Add the cooled rhubarb and process until smooth. Dump into the mixing bowl. (If preferred, you may then press the strawberry mixture through a wire-mesh colander to strain out the seeds.)
- Using the whisk, add the orange juice, apple juice and soda to the strawberries, slowly stirring.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Place in a sealed container and chill for two hours minimum. Serve in cups or bowls with fresh mint garnish on top.