by Chef Randall Spencer
- 2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 ea Orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ea Yellow squash, chopped
- 1 bn Scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 2 ea Cloves garlic, chopped
- TT Salt & Pepper
- 15 oz White chili beans
- 3 c Shredded roasted chicken
- 3 ea Ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1/4 c
- Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- Fresh lime juice
- Melt butter in medium dutch oven, over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add yellow squash and scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper, to the vegetables and stir.
- Add 2 cups water and the chili beans; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and corn and simmer until the corn is tender. Stir in basil and lime juice; season with salt & pepper.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese, sour cream, and the scallion greens.