By Bruce’s Fabulous Foods Chef Bruce Brown
- 8C cucumbers, thinly sliced, semi-peeled (clocked)
- 2C yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1C sugar
- 1C vegetable oil
- 1C apple cider vinegar
- In sauce pot, combine the sugar, oil and vinegar.
- Stir and heat until all sugar is dissolved at a low boil for three minutes.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers and onions, tearing the onion rings into pieces and separating the cucumber slices.
- Once the liquid has finished on the timer, carefully pour over the cucumber and onion mixture, lightly tossing to ensure all slices are coated.
- Cover and chill thoroughly at least four hours before serving.