By Foothills Wellness Center, Dr.Joseph Picone; Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Special equipment: 18-inch-wide heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil.
- Whisk together the chili powder, sugar, chipotle powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl to make a dry spice rub.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, toss with the oil, and sprinkle with the dry spice rub.
- Toss the chicken to evenly coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare a grill for high heat.
- Tear off four 18-by-18-inch sheets of heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl, making sure to leave any excess liquid behind.
- Divide the chicken among the foil pieces, centering them on each piece in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the wings with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring two opposite ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal, then fold in the other sides to create leak-proof packets.
- Grill over high heat, turning once, until the wings are cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets (hot steam will escape).
- Scatter the cilantro over the tops and serve with the lime