By Martha Vining, assistant director of dining services at Givens Health Center
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or more, to taste 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Mix red onion slices with lime juice in a bowl; set side to marinate at least 10 minutes. Stir olive oil into mixture.
- Toss watermelon, cucumbers, and feta cheese together in a large bowl.
- Pour the red onion mixture over the watermelon mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle mint over the salad and toss. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Serve chilled.