By Dogwood Crafters Chef Brenda Anders
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion – diced
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans – rinsed and drained if you wish
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice from one lime
- 3/4 cup ColbyJack cheddar as topping
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken, onion, garlic, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Add chicken broth, white beans, corn and jalapeno peppers
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream and lime juice.
- Serve in round sourdough breads or in a bowl.