by The Renaissance, The Writer's Bistro; Chef Richard Petrelli
- Button Mushrooms
- Shitake Mushroom
- White wine
- Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Spring Roll Wrapper
- Vegetable oil
- Take a small sauté pan and put on heat.
- Add shallots and garlic then sauté.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Deglaze with wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Turn off heat and fold in both cheeses and seasonings.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature or less.
- Place vegetable oil on the stove and heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees on your candy thermometer.
- Dust your work surface as to not have the spring rolls stick.
- Cut spring roll wrappers in half and lay out on prep surface.
- Place small amount of mushroom mix on each wrapper, about the size of a half dollar.
- Brush the top of the wrapper with egg and begin to roll.
- Fold both ends of the wrapper towards the mix in the middle and then roll to the top.
- Hold on a plate that is dusted with corn starch and begin to fry.
- Fry spring rolls until golden brown and serve.