By Bruce's Fabulous Foods; Chef Bruce Brown
- 8 C chicken, skinned, deboned and diced (white & dark combined OK)
- 1 C roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 C red onion, diced
- 1/2 C slivered or sliced almonds
- 3 T capers, drained
- 2 T parsley
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp each:, salt, red pepper flake, garlic powder
- 1/2 C olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the chicken, peppers, onion, almonds and capers. Sprinkle on top the parsley, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper flakes and garlic powder. Emulsify the olive oil into the dressing with a slow, steady stream, continually whisking.
- Dress the chicken mixture with the vinaigrette, coating all the ingredients. Serve a scoop on a small bed of field greens for a summer luncheon.