- 2C sugar
- 1C heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6C nuts (mixture of walnuts, pecans, almonds, peanuts, etc)
- 8 qt. stock pot
- wooden utensils
- candy thermometer
- parchment-lined sheet pan
- In stock pot over medium high heat, combine the sugar, whipping cream, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt. Bring to a low boil and continue to simmer until the mixture reaches a temperature between 234 - 240 (known as the “soft-ball stage) on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the vanilla, followed by the nuts. Fold and stir until all the nuts are lightly coated.
- Turn the mixture out onto the parchment-lined sheet pan, quickly separating the larger individual nut pieces with a fork or wooden utensil. Smaller pieces may be lumped together to form candy pieces.
- Allow to cool before eating and storing in air-tight jar. If any large pieces remain together, break apart by hand.