by Jay Siltzer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter chopped into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniel’s
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together with a pastry blender, fork, or by hand.
- Once crumbly, add 4 cups of berries to the mixture until berries are coated. (Can be raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Then, take a frozen pie crust and cut it into strips to fit the baking pan.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Arrange strips on top vertically and horizontally in lattice weave.
- Bake on 375 for approximately 50 minutes.