by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta or fideo noodles (vermicelli)
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 Cup onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 TBS garlic, minced
- 6 Cups vegetable stock
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1 tsp each: chili powder, salt, dried oregano
- 2 Cups tomato sauce
- Fresh limes, diced green onions and cilantro for garnish
- In a medium stockpot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the noodles, broken into 2 segments, to the oil and fry/toast until lightly browned, about three minutes, stirring often.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and poblano pepper to the noodles, stirring and continuing to cook until the onion has softened, about another three minutes. Add the garlic, season with the cumin, chili powder, salt and oregano and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, heating until all combined and warm. Squeeze the juice of a fresh lime into the fideo and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with the green onions and minced cilantro.