- 2T Olive oil
- 1/2 C squash (zucchini, yellow), diced
- 1/4 C peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 C red onion, diced
- 1T garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 C black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 C couscous
- 2C boiling water
- 1/2 tsp each: curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a glass bowl, combine the couscous and boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand until all water is absorbed, about five minutes.
- In a sauce pot sauté the squash, onion, peppers and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat, until the onion is softened, about three to five minutes.
- Add the drained black beans and the spices to the sauté, folding to incorporate.
- After the five minutes, fluff the couscous and add to the vegetables, cooking until heated through, another couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and serve as a picnic side