UPDATE: Police arrest, charge third person in South Asheville shooting death

L-R: 23-year-old Marteise Javon Hines, 17-year-old Zamar Daequan Scott22-year-old Isaac R. White of Asheville. Photos: Asheville Police Department, Buncombe County Detention Center

A third person has been arrested in connection with a South Asheville homicide that happened Thursday.

<="" sd-embed="">

Asheville police say that as a result of the investigation into the location of Marteise Jovan Hines, they developed evidence Friday to arrest and charge 22-year-old Isaac R. White of Asheville with one count of accessory after the fact to first-degree murder.

White is currently in custody at the Buncombe County Detention Center.

The Asheville Police Department also arrested 23-year-old Hines, whom police had previously described as armed and dangerous. Hines was taken into custody by Buncombe County Sheriff’s Deputies in Swannanoa just after 3 p.m. on Friday.

A BCSO representative said deputies went to a residence to serve a search warrant, and Hines surrendered.

He is charged with first-degree murder, armed robbery, attempted breaking and entering and possession of a firearm by a felon in connection with the death of 37-year-old Justin Marshall Spry Thursday on Reed Street.

There is a another suspect in the investigation. Arrest warrants from the Asheville Police Department show 17-year-old Zamar Daequan Scott is also in custody, charged in the same incident with felony first-degree murder, felony attempted breaking and entering and misdemeanor possession of a handgun by a minor.

The incident remains under investigation.

Police say additional details might be released as they are able without jeopardizing the integrity of the investigation.

We captured video of Reed Street, the scene of the shooting and standoff, a few hours after it happened on Thursday. Police confirmed that the man taken into custody in handcuffs is murder suspect Martiese Hines.

A police spokeswoman said there wasn’t enough evidence Thursday to charge Hines after the standoff, so they let him go.

"We did have probable cause to detain and question Hines and we did so," said APD spokesperson Jerri Jameson. "Following an interview, however, we did not have enough evidence to charge him, so he was released. Through further investigation, additional evidence was brought forward, and we are now able to charge him, and so an arrest warrant has been issued."

We asked what the new evidence was, and Jameson told us she could not release that information.

Records show that Hines has multiple past felony convictions including common law robbery.

Court records show he is due in court on Monday.

Anyone with information on this incident or any others is asked to call APD at 828-252-1110 or Asheville-Buncombe Crime Stoppers at 828-255-5050. Callers may remain anonymous through both of these numbers.