It’s finally springtime, and all the backyard white critters are back to scampering about.
For some of us in WNC, those critters are white squirrels.
If you’re able to catch their antics with a camera, you can enter to win a cash prize as part of the 2019 White Squirrel Festival in Brevard, home to many of WNC's white squirrels.
The Transylvania Community Arts Council partners with the Heart of Brevard for the White Squirrel Photography Contest for the 2019 White Squirrel Festival in downtown Brevard, NC.
Submit your entries to the TC Arts Council at 349 S. Caldwell Street in Brevard. Photos may be delivered starting April 15, and deadline to enter is May 17. Photos can be delivered Monday thru Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Entry forms are available by calling the TC Arts Council at (828)884-2787 or be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $5 entry fee, per photo, to help generate funds for the prizes.
Ribbons and prize money will be awarded for first place ($50), second place ($25), and third place ($10). Five Honorable Mentions ribbons will also be awarded.
Judges will make their determination based on subject, composition, technique, lighting, creativity, attractiveness and impact.
Photos entered into the photo contest will be on display in downtown Brevard during the White Squirrel Festival which will run May 24 – 26.
- No more than 2 photos per person can be submitted.
- Photo(s) must be taken by the entrant.
- Photo(s) should be mounted or framed for display purposes (no larger than 8”x10’ print; frame no larger than 11”x14”). If printed as 4” x 6” on photo paper, we will tape to the photo to a display board.
- Photo(s) must have on the back of the photo entrant’s name, contact information, and name/title of the photo.
- Photos cannot be digitally enhanced to change the actual circumstances of the squirrel(s) when photo was taken.
For more information about the White Squirrel Photography Contest, call the TC Arts Council at 828-884-2787.
For more information on the White Squirrel Festival, click here.