Storm Surge and Hurricane Warnings have been issued for a portion of the northern Gulf coast in advance of the arrival of Tropical Storm Zeta. Zeta is forecasted to approach the northern Gulf Coast as a hurricane on Wednesday.
The National Hurricane Center reports tropical storm conditions to continue Tuesday morning in portions of the northern Yucatan Peninsula with heavy rains expected across the Yucatan Peninsula, the Cayman Islands and western Cuba, which could lead to flash flooding in urban areas.
Hurricane conditions and life-threatening storm surge are expected along portions of the northern Gulf Coast by late Wednesday.
Between Tuesday night and Thursday, heavy rainfall is expected from portions of the central U.S. Gulf Coast into the southern Appalachians and mid-Atlantic state. The rainfall is expected to lead to flash, urban, small stream and minor river flooding.
Share your Weather photos and videos here:
Western North Carolina Impact
A small threat of flooding and damaging wind could develop in parts of the area Wednesday night through Thursday as the remnants of tropical cyclone Zeta sweep across the Southeast.
Total amounts of rain will vary from less than 1" for some, to as much as 3" for others. These totals will likely change as the forecast track and timing of Zeta becomes clearer.
- Today: Partly sunny this morning, then becoming mostly sunny. Patchy fog this morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph, becoming south after midnight.
- Wednesday: Patchy fog in the morning. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. South winds around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Showers likely. Lows around 60. Southeast winds around 5 mph, increasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.
- Thursday: Showers. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy with showers likely in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
- Friday: Partly sunny with a chance of showers in the morning, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Cooler with highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s.
- Saturday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s.