The expected landing of Hurricane Florence and possible weather damage from the Category 4 storm has caused some WNC high school football games to be moved up from their Friday night schedules.
It also caused the rescheduling of the Friday Night Rivals MY 40 telecast of a pair of South Carolina teams, Hillcrest at Dorman. The two squads, both 3-0, will now meet on Thursday at 7:30 p.n.
The telecast begins at 7 with a 30-minute preview.
A host of WNC schools have also rescheduled, including:
- Draughn at Avery County, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Roberson at North Buncombe, 7 p.m. Thursday.
- North Henderson at Tuscola, 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Mountain Heritage at Hayesville, 7:30 p.m. Thursday
- Erwin at Asheville High, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Enka at Reynolds, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Burns at Hendersonville, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Brevard at Owen, 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association released a statement that said the organization is monitoring the storm and reminding schools to act responsibly and with safety in mind in considering rescheduling or postponing games.
Care to comment? Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org