McDowell County health officials are asking only people that meet specific criteria reach out for COVID-19 vaccinations at this time.
Currently, the only appointments being scheduled are for frontline healthcare workers and those over the age of 75-years.
If you are in either one of these groups, you can schedule your COVID-19 vaccine by calling the Vaccine Call Center at 828-803-4552. The call center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Officials are asking that only those who are frontline healthcare workers or 75 years or older call the call center at this time.
The supply of vaccines remains limited.
Once McDowell County moves to an additional vaccination phase, additional information regarding who can and how to get vaccinated will be released.
COVID-19 continues to pose a significant threat to our community. Please do your part to prevent additional spread of the virus by wearing a mask, waiting six feet apart, avoiding gatherings, and washing your hands often. These simple steps help protect you, your family, neighbors, and our local businesses.
Emergency Services and Public Health staff along with multiple community agencies continue to work 7 days a week to manage this pandemic.
As of Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, McDowell County is reporting 3,706 positive cases of COVID-19. There have been 33,980 tests conducted, 29,843 negative results and 431 tests are pending results. Presently, there are 539 individuals in quarantine, 3,118 out of quarantine and 49 deaths. McDowell County’s 14-day positivity rate is 23.9%.
The current outbreaks in McDowell County are:
- Marion Correctional Institution: a total of 66 staff and 115 inmates have tested positive.
- McDowell County Detention Center: a total of 28 inmates and 4 staff have tested positive. 4 staff members have recovered.
- Autumn Care of Marion: a total of 35 staff and 66 residents have tested positive. A total of 60 residents and 32 staff members have recovered since testing positive for COVID-19. A total of 6 residents have died due to COVID-19.
- Deer Park Health & Rehabilitation: a total of 8 staff members and 1 resident have tested positive.
- Cedarbrook Residential Center: a total of 5 staff members and 33 residents have tested positive.
- Rose Hill Retirement Community: a total of 6 staff and 17 residents have tested positive.
- McDowell House: a total of 3 staff members have tested positive.
- Houston House: a total of 1 staff member and 4 residents have tested positive.